Suspected CO poisoning sends 7 to hospital


FOLLOWING A DEVELOPING STORY — MARK:SEVEN PEOPLE ARE HOSPITALIZED TODAY WITH CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING IN HARRISON TOWNSHIP. BROOKE:THE FIRE CHIEF SAYS THE PEOPLE IN THE HOME COULD HAVE DIED.2 NEWS REPORTER JUDITH RETANA IS LIVE NOW ON WHAT LED TO THE RESPONSE FROM PARAMEDICS. JUDITH:FIREFIGHTERS CLOSED OFF THIS HOME WITH YELLOW CAUTION TAPE BEFORE LEAVING THE SCENE. HARRISON TOWNSHIP’S FIRE CHIEF TELLS US THIS HOME HAS BEEN A SOURCE OF TROUBLE IN THE PAST. FIRE TRUCKS LINE UP IN FRONT OF 4400 CANYON ROAD. CHIEF MARK LYNCH/HARRISON TOWNSHIP FIRE DEPT.: “PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULDN’T RUNA GAS POWERED GENERATOR INSIDE THEIR HOUSE”BUT THAT’S WHAT CHIEF LYNCH SAYS HAPPENED HERE. CREWS FOUND A CHILD AND SEVERAL ADULTS WITH CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING. OTHER CHILDREN ALREADY AT SCHOOL WERE ALSO EXAMINED.LYNCH: “CHECKED THEM OUT AND DETERMINED THEY HAD LEVELS OF CARBON MONOXIDE IN THEIR SYSTEM”IN TOTAL THREE KIDS AND FOUR ADULTS WERE HOSPITALIZED. THE HOME HAD NO ELECTRIC, NO NATURAL GAS, NO WATER. LYNCH: “ANY PERSON WITH ANY NORMAL COMMON SENSE WILL KNOW NOW TO DO THAT. WE’VE HAD A LOT OF ISSUES WITH THIS HOUSE”CHIEF LYNCH SAYS THERE’S NO TELLING HOW LONG PEOPLE HERE WERE INHALING THE TOXIN.LYNCH: “IT COULD HAVE KILLED THEM”WHILE THE C-O- WAS REMOVED, THE CHIEF SAYS THERE ARE STILL A NUMBER OF ISSUES INSIDE. LYNCH: “FOUL ODOR IN THE HOUSE, THERE’S NO POWER SO THE REFRIDGERATOR STINK ,IT IS EMPTY BUT THERE ARE FLIES JUST BUZZING AROUND IT”THE CHIEF IS NOW CALLING THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO CONDEMN THE HOME AND CHILD SERVICES TO REMOVE THE CHILDREN. JUDITH:WE REACHED OUT TO THE DAYTON MONTGOMERY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR COMMENT ON CHIEF LYNCH’S CALL FOR CONDEMNING THIS HOME. WE’LL HAVE MORE ON THAT COMING UP AT 5. LIVE IN DAYTON, JUDITH RETANA 2 NEWS WORKING FOR YOU. MARK:THE CONTRACT IS OFFICIAL. THE ONLY STRIKE IN MONTGOMERY

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *