Leslie Cline, Physician Assistant


– I’m Lorena Leslie Cline, I’m a physician assistant and I work at the Oregon Clinic GI West. And I knew early that I
wanted to be in health. It didn’t become apparent how that was really gonna work into my life until my grandmother got colon cancer when I was… Was I 23? 23 years old. I moved home I was living
in Eugene at the time, and moved home and took care of her for about the last six months of her life and that completely changed where I would end up eventually. I believe that people are more than their disease and their symptoms. And there’s so many dynamics that plays into every diagnosis and not one treatment fits everybody. So sometimes you can read the textbook or the up to date or whatever the latest and greatest is and that may work for a good 70 or 80 percent of the people. But you can’t forget the other 20 percent that for their lifestyle
or who they are personally it’s not gonna work for it and you kinda have to
think outside of the box. I am naturally a problem solver. So that is a little bit of my sweet spot. Like oh that didn’t work ooo let’s see what else we can find. It’s the puzzle, it’s a person that has a family and a life and a job, it’s not just everything
looks good on paper here you go, do it. How do you make it actually fit into something that can be obtainable and achieved? It’s putting all of the pieces together. So when I’m not working, I like to be outside, as much as possible. I love the water, I love the beach, I love the mountains, I love the river. Anything that I can do active, some of those activities of youth, I’ve
cut down on a little bit. I don’t snowboard anymore et cetera… But I still like to go
cross-country skiing. Or get out and fish on a boat. I have a daughter and a
great family around here, and I try to see them as much as possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *