– When you and…
– Rachel! – Rachel were being abducted… …I was sitting in Gordon’s cage. I didn’t rig those charges. Your men, your plan. Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am?
I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one
if I caught it. You know? I just do things. The Mob has plans. The cops have plans. Gordon’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control
their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers… …how pathetic their attempts
to control things really are. So when I say…Ah. Come here. When I say that you and your girlfriend
was nothing personal… …you’ll know that I’m telling the truth. – I’m gonna need your weapon.
– What? Why? Because my wife’s in the hospital? Yeah, that’d be why. It’s the schemers
that put you where you are. You were a schemer, you had plans… …and look where that got you. ANNOUNCER [OVER RADIO]: I just did what I do best. I took your little plan
and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with
a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets. Hm? You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when
things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like,
a gangbanger will get shot… …or a truckload of soldiers
will be blowing up… …nobody panics. Because it’s all part of the plan. But when I say that
one little old mayor will die… …well, then, everyone loses their minds. Introduce a little anarchy… …upset the established order… …and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing
about chaos? It’s fair. – You live.
– Mm-hm. You die. Mmm. Now we’re talking. Mr. Reese. That’s Mr. Wayne, isn’t it? – That was a very brave thing you did.
– Trying to catch the light? – You weren’t protecting the van?
– Why? Who’s in it? Don’t you think
I should go to the hospital? Don’t watch a whole lot of news,
do you, Mr. Wayne? [IMITATES EXPLOSION] [CROWD SCREAMING]